Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Automatic Chicken Door Instructions or USA Provider

So, in yesterday's post I showed you my scrap chicken coop, but I have to admit I bought the automatic chicken coop door. Quite a hunk of change in my book, and I normally regret spending huge amounts of money on things, but I don't regret this one. Because I'm such a lazy butt in the morning every day without this door my chickens were in danger of being roasted alive in their coops during the 100 degree weather we've been having. I'd prefer to roast them dead.

Besides, I found a good enough deal that it didn't cost that much more to buy it.

I bought mine from the Chickencoopdoor. The only US provider I found for $150.

Here are directions if you want to do it yourself. The second link says he paid $120 for parts. When I saw that, I decided $150 wasn't bad.

Dinousaurs and Robots Chicken Door and BuildEazy Chicken Door

No comments: