Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Melted Butter Greasing

If you have a recipe that asks for melted butter and the greasing of a pan (like my granola bar recipe), don't waste shortening or oil to grease your pan, just smear the excess melted butter clinging to the bowl you melted it in onto the bottom of your pan. Works great and you were just going to wash it down the drain anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I've used a stick of butter, I fold the paper cover in half and stick it back in the fridge. These are great for greasing pans later.

Unknown said...

i'm so glad someone already commented about using the papers from sticks of butter for greasing pans. its a trick i picked up from my mom, but i thought i was the only one who did it.