Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cereal Liner Wax Paper

Don't throw away your cold cereal liners. You can reuse them in applications that you used wax paper for that doesn't involve heat.

Open both ends. Then pull apart along seam.


Lay out flat and wipe off cereal dust. I have heard of people washing these things, but that is too much for me.

You can save them folded or you can roll them up onto a pringles can or some other long cylindrical item and rubber band it to keep it on.



Use for rolling out dough, sticking in between hamburger patties, sticking in between things that you don't want to freeze together, etc. Just don't cook with them.

I have also heard of people using these when still in bag form to coat meat with crumbs or any other thing you can think of for using heavy duty bags.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought my mom was the only one who did this! And me of course! I love your site! Keep up the good work!!!

Sewing-Chick said...

I have a quick question for you- what do you use to place on top of food in the microwave to keep it from splattering everywhere? We use wax paper or paper towels but I'm trying to think of something more ecofriendly. I thought about cereal liners but you said not to cook with them. Do you think it would it be any worse than saran wrap?

Melissa Jagears said...

Sewing-Chick,

I use a glass plate on top of my food in the microwave.