Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Brown Dye from Black Walnuts

I made dye for my rug made from old socks. My mother has a black walnut tree, so when I visited I collected them all up. I remember as a kid driving over them to hull them and getting brown stain on everything!

I put them all in a pillowcase that I didn't care for. I placed it in a trash can and filled it with hot water. I let it sit overnight.

I am storing my brown dye in ice cream buckets. (I got 4 buckets full of a deep drown dye). Since I don't currently have room in my freezer to keep them, they are going outside in the shed where they will stay cold, thankfully it is now cold outside.

No comments: